Has a rare, black orchid been illegally cloned?
The owner of a local flower store has asked you to investigate a possible crime: the theft and illegal cloning of his prized black orchids.
- Collect and analyze data to compare a rare black orchid with three suspicious black orchids.
- Compare orchid structures using diagrams of the four orchid flowers.
- Perform simulations of chromatography of plant pigments, enzyme assays, restriction enzyme digestion and gel electrophoresis.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$14.70 ea.|
|10 - 24||$13.97 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$13.23 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- Diagrams of orchids
- Simulated “Electrophoresis Gel”
- DNA Strips
- Genetic code chart
- 4 samples of simulated “Orchid flower extracts”
- 4 labeled droppers
- Chemical X Test Strip
- 1 tube of simulated “Chemical X Indicator Powder”
- 1 mini-scoop
- 1 plastic cup
- Chromatography paper
- 1 pencil
Also required: Scissors, transparent tape, water, safety goggles
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Flower Forensics – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-113U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$102.90 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$97.76 ea.|
Flower Forensics – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-113R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$52.50 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$49.88 ea.|