From DNA to Protein Structure and Function – Free Sample
Create a protein model.
What do genes do? Model how the coded information in genes results in proteins that perform specific functions in the body.
- Transcribe the DNA code to make a messenger RNA code.
- Translate the RNA code to make a sequence of amino acids in a protein.
- Create a bead and chenille stem model of the protein.
- Follow the rules of chemistry to fold your protein into its 3D shape.
- Explore how protein shapes affect proteins function in your body
Limit 1 free sample per customer
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- 19 inch chenille stem
- Universal Genetic Code Chart
- Beads – red, blue, white, and yellow
- From DNA to Protein Record Sheet
Also required: Colored pencils, markers or crayons