Treating Dirty Water
Build and test models to illustrate water treatment processes.
Improving Lakeville’s water treatment plant is necessary because recent water tests indicate that water from the treatment plant is not safe to drink.
- Build and test small models to illustrate water treatment processes—screening, coagulation, filtration, and disinfection.
- Conduct tests and analyze evidence to determine whether a new coagulating agent is better than the current one.
- Determine whether adding activated charcoal to the filter improves water quality.
- Determine whether the filtered water needs to be disinfected to remove pathogens.
- Use information from a reading to determine if disinfection with chlorine is needed.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$19.47 ea.|
|10 - 24||$18.49 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$17.52 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Tube of dried materials to create simulated “dirty” water from the lake
- Fabric screen
- Rubber band (latex free)
- 2 small labeled cups with lids
- Microtube of "aluminum sulfate" and labeled dropper
- Microtube of "PolyClear" and labeled dropper
- 2 small graduated measuring cups
- Activated charcoal
- Small spoon
- 2 compressed sponge circles
- Graduated transfer pipet
- Stir stick
- 2 funnels
- 2 large plastic cups with lids
- 2 small labeled cups
- pH Testing Instructions
- 2 pH test strips
- E. coli Testing Instructions
- Microtube of "E. coli Testing Solution" and labeled dropper
Also required: Tray or newspaper for student work (to make clean-up easier), calculator, safety goggles, tap water, paper towels for clean-up
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Treating Dirty Water – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-155U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$156.82 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$148.98 ea.|
Treating Dirty Water – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-155R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 10||$54.08 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$51.37 ea.|
I find these quick inexpensive manipulative for reinforcement extremely useful in class. Your products are great!
- High school biology teacher (CT)