How does mercury affect the brain? Model biomagnification.
Simple hands-on activity!
- Learn about the effects of mercury poisoning on the brain.
- Model the flow of toxins and energy through an ecosystem's food chains and food webs.
- Develop the concept of biological magnification for environmental toxins.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$9.73 ea.|
|10 - 24||$9.25 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$8.76 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- Organism Cards
- Nervous System Function Chart
- Parts of Nervous System Damaged by Mercury diagram
- 1 bag of “mercury” beads
- 6 labeled cups to represent organisms in food chain
- 1 cup to represent energy lost from food chain
- 1 large measuring cup
- 1 small measuring cup
- 1 graduated dropper
Also required: Water
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Mercury Poisoning – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-128U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$64.89 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$61.65 ea.|