Cell Membranes: Diffusion and Osmosis
Create a model cell to observe diffusion through a membrane.
What molecules can pass through the pores of a cell membrane? Create a model cell and perfom tests to determine what molecules diffused into or out of your model cell.
How does osmosis (diffusion of water) affect plant and animal cells placed in different environments?
- Predict what molecules might pass through the cell model membrane.
- Perform lab tests to determine if your predictions are correct.
- Observe what happens when plant cells are placed in environments that have different salt concentrations.
- Explain how diffusion and osmosis can be applied to real-world scenarios.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$12.98 ea.|
|10 - 24||$12.33 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$11.68 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- Dialysis tubing
- 1 starch packing peanut
- 1 plastic cup
- 1 small measuring cup
- 1 tube of simulated “Glucose”
- 1 strip of simulated “Glucose Indicator Paper”
- 1 stirrer
- 1 dropper
- Osmosis and Red Onion Cells graphics sheet
Also required: Warm water, safety goggles
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Cell Membranes: Diffusion and Osmosis – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-112U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$86.52 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$82.19 ea.|
Cell Membranes: Diffusion and Osmosis – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-112R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$30.28 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$28.77 ea.|