Antimicrobials: Is Keeping Clean Risky?
Explore environmental health effects of the antimicrobial Triclosan
Explore potential environmental health issues associated with Triclosan, an antimicrobial agent found in a variety of consumer products.
- Conduct simulated tests that show Triclosan may be present in humans, lake water, and soil.
- Model how natural selection could result in the evolution of antimicrobial resistant bacteria.
- Analyze readings to identify the benefits and potential risks associated with Triclosan.
- Discuss actions that can be taken when the potential effects of chemicals are unknown or poorly understood.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$15.14 ea.|
|10 - 24||$14.38 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$13.63 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- Triclosan Test Sheet
- Simulated Triclosan Test solution
- Simulated urine samples
- Positive control and negative control samples
- Labeled droppers
- Clear plastic dish
- Evolution of Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria - diagrams and caption cards
Also required: Safety goggles, paper towels for clean up
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Antimicrobials: Is Keeping Clean Risky? – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-151U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$110.31 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$104.80 ea.|
Antimicrobials: Is Keeping Clean Risky? – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-151R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$34.61 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$32.88 ea.|
You have done a very good thing for teachers. The prices are very reasonable and the kits are easy to follow. Thank you.
- High School biology teacher (NY)