An Influenza Pandemic?
Is the outbreak seasonal influenza or pandemic influenza?
Follow a fictitious scenario about an influenza outbreak.
- Conduct simulated lab tests to determine if the outbreak is caused by a novel virus.
- Determine if this outbreak is seasonal flu or pandemic flu.
- Use models to explain how mixing of genes from birds, pigs, and humans could produce a pandemic virus.
- Explain why current vaccine production technologies will be inadequate if pandemic influenza occurs.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$17.50 ea.|
|10 - 24||$16.63 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$15.75 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Seasonal Flu and Pandemic Flu chart
- Patient Virus Sample (simulated)
- Well strip
- Host Cell diagram
- Foam tray (host cell nucleus)
- Plastic cups (virus capsids)
- Chenille stems, tinsel stems, and twist-ties (viral RNA)
- Colored stickers (viral antigens)
Also required: safety goggles
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
An Influenza Pandemic? – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-162U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$132.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$125.40 ea.|
An Influenza Pandemic? – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-162R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$36.50 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$34.68 ea.|