Testing a Clot Buster
Test a new clot busting drug and engineer a clot removing tool.
Blood clots that block blood vessels to parts of the brain may cause serious brain damage. Clot-X is a simulated clot busting drug that dissolves blood clots.
- Analyze patients’ stories to learn about strokes and the use of “clot buster” drugs.
- Conduct simulated laboratory experiments to determine the concentration of Clot-X that is effective for treating strokes.
- Analyze data from research on the safety and effectiveness of Clot-X by creating a data table and a bar graph.
- Use models to engineer (design and evaluate) mechanical tools for restoring blood flow to blood vessels blocked by clots.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$18.39 ea.|
|10 - 24||$17.47 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$16.55 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- 4 tubes of “clotting protein”
- Graduated dropper
- Tube of “Artificial Blood”
- 1 microtube of water
- 3 microtubes of "Clot-X" (1, 5, and 10 mg/liter)
- 1 stir stick
- 4 straws
- 4 compressed sponges
- 4 brain labels
- materials for engineering clot removing tools
Also required: Calculator, transparent tape or masking tape, safety goggles, tap water, paper towels for clean-up
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Testing a Clot Buster – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-156U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$140.60 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$133.57 ea.|
Testing a Clot Buster – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-156R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$48.67 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$46.23 ea.|
So helpful! Reasonably priced - usable for many levels. Thank you!
- Science teacher (KY)