Why can some people taste PTC while others cannot?
- Use taste papers to determine if you are a PTC taster or a non-taster.
- Learn about the parts of the nervous system involved in tasting.
- Interpret a pedigree and a simulated electrophoresis gel to determine the genotypes of members of a family.
- Optional extension activities relate PTC tasting to Hardy-Weinberg principles.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$12.49 ea.|
|10 - 24||$11.87 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$11.24 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- 1 strip of PTC taste paper
- 1 strip of control taste paper
- Taste and the Nervous System diagrams
- 1 simulated electrophoresis gel
- 1 tube of “DNA Stain”
- 1 plastic plate
- 1 small measuring cup
- 1 stirrer
Also required: Water, safety goggles
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Taste Blind – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-141U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$85.17 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$80.91 ea.|
Taste Blind – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-141R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$37.47 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$35.60 ea.|