Lung Disease: Genes and Your Environment
Learn how gene-environment interactions can cause disease.
Follow the case of a mother with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
- Conduct simulated genetic testing to determine if she and her son have Alpha-1 Antitrypsin deficiency, a genetic predisposition for COPD.
- Model the correlation between COPD and Alpha-1 Antitrypsin deficiency.
- Explore environmental and occupational factors that increase the risk for COPD.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$14.06 ea.|
|10 - 24||$13.36 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$12.65 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- 4 Simulated serum samples
- 4 Labeled droppers
- 2 Alpha-1 Test Sheets
- Sheet representing 200 people with or without COPD
- Transparency sheet representing gene probe results
- What is COPD?
- Staying Healthy: Reducing Environmental Risk Factors for COPD
Also required: Safety goggles, paper towels for clean up
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Lung Disease: Genes and Your Environment – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-153U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$97.34 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$92.47 ea.|
Lung Disease: Genes and Your Environment – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-153R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$32.45 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$30.82 ea.|
Really enjoyed the kits and how they relate to the topics necessary to cover.
- High school biology teacher (OK)