Life Support for a Developing Baby
Make a model placenta to investigate effects of prenatal exposures.
- Create a model placenta and investigate whether alcohol and viruses can move from a mother's blood to her developing baby.
- Explore the effects of prenatal exposure to hazardous substances and pathogens that can cause birth defects.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$17.30 ea.|
|10 - 24||$16.44 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$15.57 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- 1 plastic cup labeled “Placenta”
- 2 pieces of dialysis tubing
- 1 tube of simulated “Mother’s Blood”
- 1 tube of simulated “Baby’s Blood”
- 1 dropper
- Alcohol and Rubella Virus Test Sheet
- 1 strip of simulated “Alcohol test paper”
- 1 strip of simulated “Rubella virus test paper”
- Instructions for Alcohol and Rubella Virus Tests
- Diagrams of Baby’s Life Support - sheet of cut-outs
- A Baby’s Life Support System - information sheet
- Effects of Harmful Substances and Pathogens on Prenatal Development - chart
Also required: Scissors, safety goggles
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Life Support for a Developing Baby – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-139U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$140.60 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$133.57 ea.|
Life Support for a Developing Baby – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-139R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$71.38 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$67.81 ea.|