Genetic Testing for Huntington’s Disease
Should Jenny get tested for Huntington’s disease?
Jenny is a young woman with a family history of Huntington’s disease (an inherited disease caused by a defective dominant gene). In this multi-part activity, students:
- Use models and pedigrees to understand the chances of inheriting the gene for Huntington's disease.
- Weigh benefits and risks of genetic testing.
- Perform a simulated genetic test to determine if Jenny or other family members have inherited the gene for Huntington's disease.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$14.76 ea.|
|10 - 24||$14.02 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$13.28 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- 1 bag of beads labeled “Grandmother Hh”
- 1 bag of beads labeled “Grandfather hh”
- 1 bag of “PCR Huntington Gene Copies - Person A”
- 1 bag of “PCR Huntington Gene Copies - Person B”
- 1 simulated “Electrophoresis Gel”
- 1 tube of “DNA Stain”
- 1 stirrer
- 1 plastic tray for staining the gel
Also required: Water, 2 different colored pens, pencils or markers, safety goggles
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Genetic Testing for Huntington’s Disease – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-126U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$90.85 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$86.30 ea.|
Genetic Testing for Huntington’s Disease – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-126R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$34.07 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$32.37 ea.|