From DNA to Protein Structure and Function
Create a protein model.
What do genes do? Model how the coded information in genes results in proteins that perform specific functions in the body.
- Transcribe the DNA code to make a messenger RNA code.
- Translate the RNA code to make a sequence of amino acids in a protein.
- Create a bead and chenille stem model of the protein.
- Follow the rules of chemistry to fold your protein into its 3D shape.
- Explore how protein shapes affect proteins function in your body
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$8.40 ea.|
|10 - 24||$7.98 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$7.56 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- 19 inch chenille stem
- Universal Genetic Code Chart
- Beads – red, blue, white, and yellow
- From DNA to Protein Record Sheet
Also required: Red, blue, and yellow colored pencils, markers, or crayons (optional)
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
From DNA to Protein Structure and Function – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-106U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$39.90 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$37.91 ea.|
From DNA to Protein Structure and Function – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-106R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$18.90 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$17.96 ea.|
I have bought several of this kit from you--and have gotten our science coordinator from my district to buy each of the 7 high schools this kit to use for the upcoming topic. I love your products.
- High school biology teacher (TX)