Brains Under the Influence
What factors affect blood alcohol concentration?
Conduct simulated blood alcohol tests and learn about alcohol poisoning and the effects of binge drinking on teens’ brains.
- Collect and graph data on the effect of alcohol consumption on blood alcohol concentration.
- Match the information from six mini-cases with the parts of the brain affected by alcohol.
- Learn about reserach that links teen binge drinking to irreversible brain damage.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$10.82 ea.|
|10 - 24||$10.27 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$9.73 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- 3 tubes of simulated “blood plasma” samples after 2, 4, and 6 drinks
- 3 simulated “Blood Alcohol Test Strips”
- Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Testing Instructions
- Factsheet on alcohol poisoning
- Article on teen binge drinking
- Sheet of mini-case cards describing the behaviors of six individuals after drinking
Also required: Scissors, safety goggles
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Brains Under the Influence – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-137U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$84.36 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$80.14 ea.|
Brains Under the Influence – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-137R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$43.26 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$41.10 ea.|