Big Data and Bone Fracture Risk
Explore how “big data” could be used to predict bone fracture risk.
A “big data” research study collects information from many individuals and a variety of sources over an extended period of time. Big data research has the potential to predict, prevent, or treat disease. Analysis of big data sets may reveal factors associated with increased risks for health problems such as bone fractures.
- Investigate factors that could be used to predict bone fracture risk.
- Conduct simulated medical tests, record data, and analyze data.
- Explore how big data sets may reveal other factors that could be used to understand bone fracture risk.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$17.00 ea.|
|10 - 24||$16.15 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$15.30 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Interpreting Bone Density T-Scores
- Hip Bone X-Ray Images
- Graphs: Bone Fracture Risks
- Instructions for Blood Plasma Tests
- Instructions for Bone Marker Test
- Data from Electronic Sources
- 4 tubes of simulated Blood Plasma
- 4 simulated Blood Plasma Test Strips
- Tube of simulated Bone Marker Test Solution
- 5 labeled droppers
- Bone Marker Test Sheet
Also required: safety goggles
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Big Data and Bone Fracture Risk – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-159U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$135.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$128.25 ea.|
Big Data and Bone Fracture Risk – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-159R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$58.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$55.10 ea.|
The kits have great information with easy but thought provoking activities. There are many extensions that can be derived from the activity experience.
- High school biology teacher (OK)