Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria and Recycled Water
Antibiotics in wastewater may lead to multi drug-resistant bacteria.
Are antibiotic resistance genes in recycled water a threat to human health?
- Test for the presence of antibiotic resistance genes in the water leaving a wastewater treatment plant.
- Interpret graphics that illustrate how bacteria can become resistant to multiple antibiotics.
- Explain how the presence of antibiotics in wastewater might lead to the evolution of multi-drug resistant bacteria ("superbugs").
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$12.50 ea.|
|10 - 24||$11.88 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$11.25 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Instructions for Antibiotic Resistance Gene Test Kit
- Well strip for antibiotic resistance gene tests
- Recycled wastewater (simulated) and dropper
- Flowchart: Fairfield Wastewater Treatment System
- How Bacteria Acquire Antibiotic Resistance Genes
- Natural Selection of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
- Testing Wastewater for Antibiotics sheet
- Antibiotic Test Solution (simulated) and dropper
Also required: safety goggles
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria and Recycled Water – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-164U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$90.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$85.50 ea.|
Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria and Recycled Water – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-164R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$32.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$30.40 ea.|
Great idea, keeps students engaged!
- Middle school science teacher (TX)