Testing Blood for Lead (Community Environmental Health kit)
Does Santiago have lead poisoning?
Key Learning Objective: Blood testing is necessary to identify lead poisoning.
- Conduct and analyze a simulated blood test to determine a child’s blood lead level.
- Interpret readings and charts to learn that even very low levels of lead can affect young children’s brain development.
Community Environmental Health (CEH) kits provide hands-on and interactive activities to engage diverse community audiences in learning about environmental health issues. The kits also encourage discussions about ways to reduce exposures to environmental health hazards. Each CEH kit contains materials to be shared by two participants. You can order pre-assembled kits with all materials included at the links below. If you prefer to make your own CEH kits, we will provide kit documents, lists of materials, and instructions, on request at no cost (send an email to [email protected]).
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$5.50 ea.|
|10 - 24||$5.23 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$4.95 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- (2) Testing Blood for Lead participant guides
- (2) Lead Poisoning Information Sheets
- Tube of Santiago’s Blood (simulated)
- Lead Test Paper (simulated)
- Color Chart for Blood Lead Levels
Also required: Pencil or pen, paper towels for clean up
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Testing Blood For Lead – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-CEH2U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$30.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$28.50 ea.|
Testing Blood for Lead – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-CEH2R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$9.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$8.55 ea.|