Safe City Water? (Community Environmental Health kit)
Is there lead in the drinking water?
Key Learning Objective: Water from a public water supply can become contaminated by lead as it flows from a water treatment plant to faucets.
- Test simulated water samples from a home and a day care center for lead.
- Identify health risks associated with lead in drinking water.
- Learn about ways to reduce lead exposure from tap water.
Community Environmental Health (CEH) kits provide hands-on and interactive activities to engage diverse community audiences in learning about environmental health issues. The kits also encourage discussions about ways to reduce exposures to environmental health hazards. Each CEH kit contains materials to be shared by two participants. You can order pre-assembled kits with all materials included at the links below. If you prefer to make your own CEH kits, we will provide kit documents, lists of materials, and instructions, on request at no cost (send an email to [email protected]).
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$6.50 ea.|
|10 - 24||$6.18 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$5.85 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- (2) Safe City Water? participant guides
- (2) Fact Sheet: Lead in Drinking Water
- Simulated water samples
- Labeled droppers
- Lead Test Paper (simulated)
- Lead Test Sheet
Also required: Pencil or pen, paper towels for clean up
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Safe City Water? – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-CEH4U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$40.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$38.00 ea.|
Safe City Water? – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-CEH4R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$12.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$11.40 ea.|