Enzymes and Lactose Intolerance
How do enzymes help people with lactose intolerance?
How does the dietary supplement LACTAID work to help people with lactose intolerance?
- Model the action of the enzyme lactase.
- Conduct tests to determine whether LACTAID, an enzyme supplement, digests lactose.
- Design and conduct an experiment to determine if acid interferes with the action of the enzymes in LACTAID.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$15.14 ea.|
|10 - 24||$14.38 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$13.63 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- 1 LACTAID capsule
- 1 empty tube labeled “LACTAID”
- 1 empty tube labeled “water”
- 1 tube of Powdered Milk
- 1 tube of Glucose
- 1 tube of “Acid” (white vinegar)
- 5 labeled droppers
- 12 toothpicks
- 2 test strips
- 12 pieces of glucose indicator paper
Also required: Scissors, tape, water, safety goggles
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Enzymes and Lactose Intolerance – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-119U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$105.99 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$100.69 ea.|
Enzymes and Lactose Intolerance – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-119R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$48.67 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$46.23 ea.|
Really enjoyed the kits and how they relate to the topics necessary to cover.
- High school biology teacher (OK)