Breast Cancer Risk Factors (Community Environmental Health kit)
Analyze risk factors for breast cancer in a family.
Key Learning Objective: An individual’s risk of developing breast cancer is influenced by specific genes, lifestyle choices, hormonal factors, and environmental exposures over their lifetime.
- Conduct simulated genetic tests to identify individuals with a BRCA1 mutation that is an inherited risk factor for breast cancer.
- Use a Breast Cancer Risks infographic to identify other risk factors for breast cancer.
Community Environmental Health (CEH) kits provide hands-on and interactive activities to engage diverse community audiences in learning about environmental health issues. The kits also encourage discussions about ways to reduce exposures to environmental health hazards. Each CEH kit contains materials to be shared by two participants. You can order pre-assembled kits with all materials included at the links below. If you prefer to make your own CEH kits, we will provide kit documents, lists of materials, and instructions, on request at no cost (send an email to [email protected]).
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$6.50 ea.|
|10 - 24||$6.18 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$5.85 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- (2) Breast Cancer Risk Factors participant guides
- (2) Breast Cancer Risks infographics
- Family History chart
- BRCA1 Genetic Test sheet (simulated)
- DNA Stain (simulated)
- Graduated measuring cup
- Plastic stirrer
Also required: Pencil or pen, paper towels for clean up
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Breast Cancer Risk Factors – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-CEH7U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$42.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$39.90 ea.|
Breast Cancer Risk Factors – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-CEH7R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$14.50 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$13.78 ea.|