Mark-Recapture Population Sampling
How many spiders are hiding in the leaf litter?
How many plastic spiders are hiding in simulated “leaf litter”? Use the mark-recapture population sampling technique to estimate the number of organisms in a population.
- Capture, mark and release a random sample of spider in your "leaf litter".
- Recapture a second random sample of spiders and use a mathematical equation to estimate the total number of animals in the population.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$9.45 ea.|
|10 - 24||$8.98 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$8.51 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- 1 bag containing small plastic spiders and paper shreds
- 10 dot stickers
- 1 clip
Also required: (no additional materials required)
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Mark-Recapture Population Sampling – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-111U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$63.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$59.85 ea.|