Genetic Engineering: Way to Grow
How does genetic engineering produce human growth hormone?
How can genetic engineering be used to help a child who is not growing normally?
- Conduct simulated tests to determine what is causing the child's slow growth.
- Learn how hormone replacement therapy is used to treat human growth hormone deficiency.
- Model how genetic engineering can be used to create bacteria that produce human growth hormone.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$11.00 ea.|
|10 - 24||$10.45 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$9.90 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- 1 tube of simulated “Jose’s Blood Plasma”
- 1 simulated “Hormone Test Strip”
- Hormone Fast-Test Kit Instructions
- 1 paper “Plasmid DNA” strip
- 1 paper “Human DNA” strip
- 1 restriction enzyme transparency card
- 2 “Bacteria” plastic bags
- 6 “Protein” molecules (paper clips)
Also required: Clear adhesive tape, scissors, safety goggles
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
Genetic Engineering: Way to Grow – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-134U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$89.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$84.55 ea.|
Genetic Engineering: Way to Grow – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-134R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$30.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$28.50 ea.|