Brittle Bones: A Density Problem
How does low bone density increase the risk for bone fractures?
Three generations of a family learn how osteoporosis (low bone density) results in bones that are brittle and easily broken.
- Design and assemble models of bones to represent bone densities at different ages.
- Determine the density of bone models.
- Interpret models, graphs, news articles, and posters to relate bone density, osteoporosis, and bone fracture risk.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$16.80 ea.|
|10 - 24||$15.96 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$15.12 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- White disks
- White star beads
- 4 labeled plastic tubes with caps
- "A Future Osteoporosis Epidemic?"
- "Understanding Osteoporosis"
- "Forty 70-Year-Old Women Who Participated in Research Study"
- "Women Who Had Bone Fractures"
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Brittle Bones: A Density Problem – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-154U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$136.50 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$129.68 ea.|