An Unhealthy Home
Is the Smith family’s home making them sick?
Follow the case of a family suffering from persistent fatigue, respiratory problems, headaches, and mild nausea that began when they moved to an older home.
- Perform and analyze simulated strep tests, blood tests, lead tests, and mold tests to determine possible causes for the family’s symptoms.
- Learn about hazardous substances in homes that may create unhealthy environments.
- Learn how children are especially susceptible to the effects of hazardous substances.
- Learn about actions that can be taken to reduce exposures to potentially hazardous substances.
Limit 1 free sample per customer
|1 - 9||$12.00 ea.|
|10 - 24||$11.40 ea.|
|25 - 1000||$10.80 ea.|
Each assembled kit contains:
- Student instructions
- Test swabs and test solution for simulated strep tests
- Simulated blood samples
- Simulated lead test paper
- Blood Lead Concentration Color Chart
- Blood Slide Photos
- Lead Fact Sheet
- Mold Test Photo and Mold Fact Sheet
- Radon Fact Sheet
- Carbon Monoxide Fact Sheet
Also required: Safety goggles, paper towels for clean up
Buy Unassembled and Save!
Refill Your Kit
An Unhealthy Home – Pack of 10 Unassembled Kits
Catalog # STO-150U
Unassembled packs contain materials for 10 kits.
- All supplies, lab materials, and printed labels
- Student instructions copy master
- Easy to follow instructions for kit assembly
|1 - 9||$88.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$83.60 ea.|
An Unhealthy Home – 10 Kit Refill Pack
Catalog # STO-150R
Refill packs contain materials to replace consumable supplies for 10 kits.
|1 - 9||$32.00 ea.|
|10 - 1000||$30.40 ea.|
Excellent. Great way to implement hands on science in the classroom. Reasonable cost. Like this!
- High school biology teacher (CT)